This small, budget friendly manual sharpener is lightweight, portable, and very easy to use making it an ideal sharpener for those just wishing to maintain standard kitchen knives. (It does not work well with serrated knives however.)
If you have invested in higher quality kitchen tools mind you, we would recommend that you opt for a different manual sharpener to this.
The course carbide blades (used for sharpening) and fine grade ceramic rods (used for honing) are at pre-set angles within the unit, providing accurate sharpening for anyone using it, no matter their experience.
As is standard for small handheld sharpeners such as this, the unit comes with non-slip rubber feet and a soft grip rubber handle for you to hold everything steady while you sharpen.
It is difficult to find fault with the IQ Edge Grip, at such a low price it certainly will sharpen your knives with ease.
However, without being particular, we here at Sharpen-up would not want to use a sharpener of this quality on the knives that we own. As we have already stated. The carbide blades do take a lot off the blade, and it just isn’t suitable for higher quality knives, or serrated knives.
If you are looking for an affordable way to sharpen your standard straight edged kitchen knives (click here for guide!), this one is pretty good. However, there are definitely worse sharpeners to buy than this.
- The IQ Edge Grip is very lightweight, portable and simple to use
- The coarse & fine sharpening blades are ideal for standard straight edge knives
- Unit has a V-grip bottom enabling use on either the edge of counter or on flat surfaces
- The pre-set angles allow for correct sharpening no matter the user.
- The fact it takes a lot off the edge means it is able to sharpen very dull or damaged blades
- Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 2.1 x 5.9 inches