Felling trees and stripping requires the use of an effective chainsaw. Professional chainsaws are best equipped for felling trees in the shortest time possible.
Related Article: Best Chainsaws Under $200
As you browse through the best professional chainsaws in the market, you should ensure that you settle for the best. Below are some of the best professional chainsaws that you should try.
Our Best Professional Chainsaw Reviews and Comparisons
|1. DeWalt DCCS670X1 Chainsaw
|2. Husqvarna 455 Rancher
|3. Oregon CS1500
|4. Remington RM4620 Outlaw
|5. Makita EA7901PRZ1
1. DeWalt DCCS670X1 Chainsaw
The DeWalt DCCS670X1 is a great cordless chainsaw that is ideal for construction and other outdoor cutting applications. It has safety features that keep the operator from harm.
The chainsaw is ergonomically designed and lightweight.
It weighs 12.2 pounds only. Its dimensions are 10 x 35 x 9 inches.
The chainsaw requires less maintenance it also produces low noise making it appropriate for noise-sensitive operators. It has an effective trigger to toggle between on and off.
The chainsaw preserves battery charge for up to 70 cuts per charge. The chain brake helps to reduce accidents.
The chainsaw is not compatible with other batteries apart from its own. Charging the batteries to full charge takes much longer.
Changing the chain oil is quite an uphill task. The chain tensioner and cover of the chainsaw require regular checking.
- The chainsaw ensures high levels of safety for the operator
- The chainsaw is effectively lightweight and easy to handle
- It preserves battery charge long enough to complete your work
- The chainsaw is less noisy
- Charging the battery takes quite much longer than expected
- It does not include a protective casing
2. Husqvarna 455 Rancher
The 455-rancher chainsaw from Husqvarna is ideal for professionals that need a heavy-duty chainsaw. The chainsaw features a 55.5 cc motor with an output of 3.49 HP.
The chainsaw includes X-torq technology, which facilitates low fuel consumption.
Weight is 12.8 pounds only. Maximum speed is 9000 RPM.
It is ergonomically built for easy handling. The chainsaw produces minimal vibrations, even when cutting the hardwood.
It is very fast and completes assignments in no time. The saw is easy to start.
It also includes advanced safety features for the operator’s protection.
You have to purchase a chainsaw case and sharpener separately. The chainsaw is powered by gas which can be quite expensive and unfriendly to the environment.
The machine requires regular maintenance and inspection to stay in shape.
- The chain can be easily adjusted while working
- Its air filter facilities make the cleaning process quite simple
- It has a chain brake system and other practical safety features
- It has an antivibration system that effectively reduces vibrations
- The chainsaw does not come with a chainsaw case and other protective gear
- Gasoline can be quite expensive and environmentally unfriendly
3. Oregon CS1500
The Oregon CS1500 is ideal for your outdoor cutting expeditions. The electric chainsaw has exclusive self-sharpening abilities.
With an instant start capability, the chainsaw works swiftly to cut through where it is directed. The chainsaw is easy to assemble and to separate its parts.
Weight of the item is 12.6 pounds. dimensions are 18 x 37.5 x 10.5 inches.
Tensioning the chain is made simple using the red knob. Assembling and disassembling the chainsaw is quite simple.
The chainsaw includes a power sharp sharpening system for quick sharpening onsite. It is much quieter than gas-powered chainsaws.
The chainsaw does not include a chaincase. The power cord is relatively short.
Compared to other professional chainsaws, it works relatively slower. Some users have pointed out that the chain easily comes off while you are at work.
- The chain can sharpen itself as you continue with your work
- The chainsaw starts instantly at the pull of the trigger
- The Oregon CS1500 produces less noise and vibrations
- It is lightweight and easy to handle
- The chainsaw operates at a standard pace and not very fast
- You require an extension cord for effective operation
4. Remington RM4620 Outlaw
The Remington RM4620 Outlaw is one of the best professional chainsaws. The gas-powered beast of a machine includes an exclusive carrying case.
It features smooth operation with reduced vibration and noise levels. Maintenance of the chainsaw is simple and less demanding.
It weighs 16.6 pounds only. Product dimensions are 36 x 12 x 12 inches.
It is powerful enough to cut through hard and huge wood logs. The chain is kept in perfect condition by the automatic oiler.
It is ergonomically built for comfortable handling. It features a 5-point anti-vibration system for easier handling.
It has a heavy-duty carrying case.
The chainsaw is relatively heavy compared with other chainsaws. It emits the smell of gas and some smoke.
It is relatively noisy like other gas-powered chainsaws. It requires more maintenance to stay in shape.
- Its quick-start technology allows it to start fast
- It is strong, durable, and comfortable to handle
- The chainsaw is cheaper compared to other professional chainsaws with similar specs
- It includes a 20” guide bar which facilitates quicker cuts
- It gets locked with vapor after every use hence the need to let it cool before restarting it
- The parts need regular tightening after making a few cuts
5. Makita EA7901PRZ1
Makita EA701PRZ1 is ideal for use in any weather conditions. The chainsaw is easy to clean and features a smooth start.
It is extremely powerful and highly durable. It features an advanced vibration dampening system that operates even at high speeds.
It weighs 18.7 pounds. dimensions are 11 x 21.9 x 13.2 inches. The 79cc engine delivers 5.7 HP.
Maximum speed is 13,500 RPM
The chainsaw starts easy. The vibration dampening system reduces the machine’s vibration at all speeds.
It has a heated handle that warms up the hands of its operator in cold weather. It is ergonomically built to allow for easier handling and comfort of the operator.
The machine is relatively heavy. The machine requires a little bit of maintenance.
The machine requires a longer power cord.
- It has an advanced vibration dampening system that operates efficiently
- The Makita EA7901PRZ1 starts easy and turns off easy too
- It is effective for use in any weather
- The machine is extremely powerful and durable
- You need a relatively longer power cord for the machine
- The machine does not include a chain casing
Highlighted above are some of the best professional chainsaws in the market. Some are gas-powered, while others are electrically powered.
Most importantly, you should consider the chainsaw’s durability and ability to complete your assignments in the shortest time possible.