There are various cordless circular saws available in the market. They are useful for a wide range of DIY and professional use.
Related Article: Best Cordless Sawzall Of 2021
With the appropriate directions, you can get the best cordless circular saws if you need to add one to your collection or leave the corded ones behind. This review explores some of the best cordless circular saws available in the market as of 2019.
Related Reading: Best Circular Saw For 2019 [Our Reviews and Comparisons]
Our Best Cordless Circular Saw Reviews and Comparisons
|1. DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-INCH 18-VOLT||Check Price|
|2. BLACK & DECKER BDCCS20C 20V||Check Price|
|3. MAKITA SH02R1 12V||Check Price|
|4. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V||Check Price|
|5. BOSCH CCS180B 18V||Check Price|
1. DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2-INCH 18-VOLT
The DeWalt DC390B is a perfect gift for your loved ones that appreciate DIY. This beast of a machine is powerful, durable, and effective for new and experienced DIY enthusiasts.
It is one of the best cordless circular saws which is very comfortable to work with.
It runs at 3,700 RPM. The saw also has a carbide-tipped blade for 2x cutting capacity.
The 18-volt cordless saw cuts effectively at angles of 90º and 45º. It is made of highly durable magnesium materials.
The motor has a fan for cooling purposes in case you work for long hours. The 6-1/2 carbide blades are effectively sharp enough to cut through different surfaces.
It is only compatible with its charger. You need a battery backup if you are working for long hours.
The battery and charger are purchased separately.
- A rechargeable battery powers the cordless saw
- The saw is highly durable even if it repeatedly cuts through hardwood
- It has an effective vibration-dampening grip
- The high-performance saw delivers quick results
- The saw does not come with its guide rail
- You might need an extra battery or a recharge in between your assignments
2. BLACK & DECKER BDCCS20C 20V
The Black and Decker BDCCS20C circular saw is very powerful and simple to use. The saw is compatible with all Black & Decker 20V max systems.
It is effective for cutting at different angles. Users benefit from its high torque motor and deep cutting ability.
The saw weighs 7.55 pounds. The electric corded saw has dimensions of 14.2 x 8.4 x 9.2 inches.
It features bevel adjustments which have detents at 90º and 45º. It also has a 5-1/2″ high torque motor with a fast-cutting blade.
The 12T carbide blade of the saw allows for fast cutting of different materials. It has a valid warranty lasting for two years.
Depth adjustments are quick and simple.
The saw is not built for very heavy-duty cutting. New users might need quite a little bit of patience to use the tool effectively.
- It delivers quick results in the hands of a qualified user or amateur
- The saw is durable and useful for long term use
- The light saw effectively cuts different materials at different angles
- It is compatible with batteries and chargers of its 20v counterparts
- You may experience difficulties while cutting multiple boards in one go
- You have to readjust the safety function to prevent accidents
3. MAKITA SH02R1 12V
Makita SH02R1 12V cordless saw is lightweight and compact. The saw cuts through MDF, plywood, pegboard, drywall, and melamine.
It features LED lights indicating its charge levels. It is built to allow a user to cut effectively at different angles and depth.
The Makita SHR02R1 12V runs at 1500 RPM. It has an effective bevel adjustment capability.
The saw has a protection circuit to prevent over-discharging, overloading, and over-heating. The process of changing the blade is quite simple.
The saw has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
The cordless saw is not compatible with other 12V max batteries and chargers. The saw is not built for heavy-duty cuttings.
You need a battery backup for long hours of operation.
- The multi-purpose cordless saw has an inbuilt dust blower
- The Makita SH02R1 12V cordless saw has advanced safety protection features
- The compact lightweight saw has an ergonomic rubberized handle
- It comfortably cuts at different angles and depths
- It is compatible with the genuine Makita chargers and batteries
- The saw is not a variable-speed saw
4. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V
The Porter-Cable PCC660B 20V is one of the best cordless circular saws designed for aggressive and accurate cutting. The tool is best for professionals and can be used on-site for heavy-duty cutting.
It offers a wide range of cutting applications on extended projects for long hours.
Its motor delivers 4000RPM. It has 6 ½ carbide tooth blades with a 2 ½ cutting capacity.
The high-performance saw works efficiently at high speeds. The handle provides a firm hand grip and comfort for the user.
The 6.5-pound tool is effective for long hours of use as it reduces fatigue. The battery-powered porter-cable PCC660B 20V saw has a valid warranty of three years.
The porter-cable PCC660B 20V cordless saw does not include a battery. The engine and battery tend to overheat, prompting the saw to power down.
The battery also drains quite fast.
- It is made of durable steel compounds
- The saw is lightweight, compact, and very fast with 4000RPM
- The porter-cable 20v is compatible with other 20v max batteries
- It is effective for light-duty and heavy-duty cutting assignments
- You have to purchase your batteries separately
- The saw tends to heat up a lot after heavy-duty usage for extended hours
5. BOSCH CCS180B 18V
The Bosch CCS180B 18V is a perfect gift for professional contractors and DIY enthusiasts. The powerful machine is customized with several features for the best user experience.
The Bosch’s lightweight beast of a machine is durable and can be used for different cutting assignments.
It has a weight of 6.6 pounds. The motor manages to make 3900 RPM.
A user can make effective cuts at angles of 90 and 50 degrees. The saw has a blade-left design which allows you to view the cut line easily.
It also comes with an effective anti-snag lower guard. The saw has a bevel scale and depth-of-cut gauge that is easy to read and interpret.
The battery-powered tool is not delivered with a battery. The saw does not include a rip fence and a securing screw which should be purchased separately.
- The cordless saw provides accuracy for experienced and amateur users
- It is built using aluminum materials for high durability
- The inbuilt motor and cell protection prevent overheating and overloading
- The Bosch CCS180B has advanced safety features to protect the user
- The safety switch is hidden where you cannot locate comfortably
- The battery tends to drain quite faster hence the need for a spare one
The cordless circular saws are very effective for a wide range of uses. All of the above saws are great but if we had to choose we’d recommend the BLACK & DECKER BDCCS20C 20V as winner.