Chainsaw accidents can be quite fatal. While working with chainsaws, you should have the appropriate gear for your safety.
Chainsaw chaps might seem bulky and quite uncomfortable. However, you should get some, especially if you are constantly engaging in woodworking.
We have taken the liberty to enlighten you on some of the best chainsaw chaps. Listed below are some of the best that we’ve found on the market.
Read Article: Best Portable Miter Saw Stands For 2021
Our Best Chainsaw Chaps Reviews and Comparisons
|1. Husqvarna 587160704||Check Price|
|2. Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps||Check Price|
|3. LABONVILLE Full Wrap Chainsaw Chaps||Check Price|
|4. Makita 841008-A||Check Price|
|5. Redneck Convent 37inch Safety Chainsaw Chaps||Check Price|
1. Husqvarna 587160704
The Husqvarna 587160704 is useful for your protection while you are using the chainsaw. The chaps are easy to put on or take off.
They provide protection in addition to comfort to the wearer. The material dries quickly after a wash. The chaps meet ANSI, OSHA, and ASTM regulations.
Dimensions are 12.8 x 4 x 13 inches while its weight is 3.75 pounds.
They provide front and rear protection. They’re made of heavy material that can protect you from the saw.
Their vibrant color provides more visibility from a distance and they have several pockets that can carry your tools.
They also features buckles that allow you to adjust it to your own specifications.
They are quite heavy and require some time to get accustomed to. The thick materials of the chaps make them uncomfortable to wear in the hot weather.
The pants are relatively expensive. Washing the heavy pants can be quite difficult.
- They are adjustable enough to accommodate individuals of different body shapes and sizes
- They provide additional protection for the back of your legs
- The cut retardant fabric is thick enough to reduce the severity of an injury
- They are washable and quickly dry even overnight
- The pants are heavy and quite hot
- The pants are quite expensive
2. Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps
The Forester Chainsaw aprons are effective for professional use. The pants are comfortable to wear.
They are available in different colors and sizes. The process of putting them on or taking them off is quite simple.
They have adjustable straps that improve efficiency and comfort.
The weight is 1.28 pounds. The dimensions are 9 x 13 x 2.5 inches.
Its material is hard enough to stop a chainsaw. The chaps are easy to put on or take off.
They do not hinder your motion and free movement as you work. Provides adequate protection for the front of your legs.
They are highly adjustable to fit your legs size.
The chaps are not effective for use with the electric chainsaws. They also fail to cover the crotch area.
The chaps slide around leaving the inner parts of your thighs exposed. They do not remain tight as required for good protection.
They do not protect the back of your legs efficiently.
- They are highly adjustable to fit different leg sizes
- The chaps efficiently protect the front of your legs
- They allow for free movement as you do the job
- They are water and oil resistant
- They provide inadequate protection for the back of your legs
- The chaps need to be adjusted time after time to stay tight enough
3. LABONVILLE Full Wrap Chainsaw Chaps
The rugged Stihl protective apron provides heavyweight protection in different working conditions. The chaps have six layers of protective retardant material.
These comfortable chaps can be easily adjusted to fit different leg sizes perfectly. They do not restrict movement.
Dimensions are 14.2 x 10 x 4.3 inches. Item weight is 2.6 pounds.
The open back chaps are effective for working in extremely hot weather. They are highly adjustable to fit different waist and leg sizes.
They provide adequate protection while you are using a chainsaw. The chaps feature deep cargo pockets that are well placed at the front.
The open back limits their ability to protect the back of your legs. They are relatively expensive. Washing the heavy material can be quite a challenge while it also takes much longer to dry.
- They are adjustable to fit different sizes
- The chaps provide adequate front and rear protection
- They do not restrict the movement of the wearer
- The chaps are easy to put on or take off
- The heavy material tends to make the chaps hotter
- They provide inadequate protection for the back of your legs
4. Makita 841008-A
The Makita 841008-A chaps are recommended for use with gasoline-powered chainsaws. They are available in size 38″.
They are available in the bright orange color, which provides additional visibility and safety of the user. The product is lightweight but operates efficiently.
Product dimensions are 15.9 x 11.9 x 0.7 inches. The weight of the product is 2.7 pounds.
They fit perfectly as an apron. The chaps are lightweight and effective for working in hot climatic conditions.
They are easily adjustable to fit different body sizes. They are long enough to protect your boots from sawdust.
The chaps are highly durable.
The chaps come in only one extra-large size of 38”. The user might need some time to get accustomed to the feeling of wearing the chaps.
- Its asymmetrical design protects the left leg more effectively
- They do provide more protection to the user
- The chaps are lightweight and effective for use in a hot climate
- They are brightly colored for extra visibility of the wearer
- They are only available in one adjustable size
- They may be uncomfortable at first
5. Redneck Convent 37inch Safety Chainsaw Chaps
The Redneck Convent provides comfort and perfect allowance for mobility while protecting you during your work. They are durable, adjustable, and easy to put on or take off.
The chaps are designed to allow you to work comfortably in extreme weather.
The weight of the item is 2.69 pounds. Dimensions are 13 x 1.5 x 17 inches.
They are highly durable and comfortable. The chaps provide extra protection for your legs as you are using the chainsaw.
The chaps are relatively lighter and comfortable in hot weather. They are adjustable to fit different body shapes and sizes.
They are not very effective to use with the electric chainsaws. These chaps are relatively expensive.
- They provide adequate protection for your legs as you are working
- The chaps are certified and approved for user safety
- They are light and do not hinder the free movement of the wearer
- The chaps are durable and comfortable
- The waist buckle needs regular fastening to hold tight
- The chaps do not provide adequate protection for use with electric chainsaws
Highlighted above are some of the best chainsaw chaps in the market. Ultimately, chainsaw chaps are effective in providing protection as you work.
We recommend the Husqvarna 587160704 as our first choice.